Thursday, November 10, 2011

The story about the forgotten jug



When I saw this old jug in the cellar in my parents house in Finland last summer I immediately loved it. I had been looking for an "old" jug for some time, but just found "sugar sweet" jugs with roses and fancy flowers on them, they were either too big or too small....but then one evening before I went to the sauna I saw this jug, dusty and abandoned in a corner in the cellar.

It travelled all the way to Austria and is standing now in my kitchen in a very nice place. The colour of the flower is the same as my cupboards in the kitchen. I would call the colour rusty brown. Estimated age 80-100 years, from Arabia ( Finnish tablewear company).

It´s just beautiful in its simplicity. What more can I say.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! What´s a blog without comments!